Wednesday, November 7, 2012

NO TRICKS... ONLY TREATS

At the Two Scrapbook Friends, there had been a fun challenge.  We were given a long list of candies that we all usually receive during the trick and treat walk on a Halloween night.

To play this challenge, I had to pick at least five things (goodies) from the long list.

I chose 6 yummy goodies!  Then they added the 'Scrappy Items' that correspond to each treat item.  I had to use the specific items on a layout for the candies that I chose.

Tootsie Rolls  =  6x6 patterned paper
Rockets  =  natural fibre
Swedish Berries =  word in different language
Mars  =  star
Smarties  =  use a book, pencil or a light bulb
Nerds  =  embossing

I took out my Halloween themed Iris storage case and went through the stash.  In the case, I found some Halloween papers/mini kits from Dollarama which I had received from the "Secret Witch" at work a couple years ago.  I never knew what to do with them.... but this time, I spotted a perfect item for this challenge, a BOOK!  Yes, a book!!!  Inside the book were several plain white pages.  After thinking for ideas, I came up with this idea that I'd scrap several more pictures inside the book.  Just a perfect plan for this challenge.  I was thrilled that I was able to use up some stuff in the Halloween stash!





For my Swedish berries, I had to use a different language.  After seeing Sharlene's Trick or Treat Menu challenge, I decided to BORROW her sign language fingerspelling alphabet stamps!  Thank you, Sharlene for letting me borrow them!

I was able to use all of the "yummy" goodies onto a layout.  I am pleased with how the left page layout came out.



To complete my usual double page layout, I have decided to go for Amanda (DT)'s #4 Sketch Challenge for my right page.  I made a small change from the sketch, I moved the banner to the left corner. 


 Together my both pages look like this:


Thank you for this FUN Trick or Treat Menu challenge, Two Scrapbook Friends!
It was fun playing with your #4 sketch.  Thank you Amanda!


Supplies Used

PAPERS: K & Company "Halloween Green Dots" Flat Paper,  "Happy Halloween" Flat paper, "Hopstoch", Martha Stewart "Witch" collection patterned papers (2010)
CARDSTOCK:  Recollection
BRADS: Recollection
FONTS: American Crafts, Thickers "Iguana" chipboard letter stickers, Bunch of Fun Sign Language Alphabet Stamps
INK: Stampin' Up black ink pad
PUNCHES: Ek Success scalloped circle, Fiskars star punch
OTHERS:  ribbon - unknown, IRIS embrodiery floss, Canvas mini (Canvascorp), Sandylion Essential stickers, Dollarama book

Thanks for looking here.....
Laureen

No comments:

Post a Comment